Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Would you like a plate of Cold Slaw instead?

Currently at the ALT-C 2011 conference. Great event so far, one the best things is that there is plenty of fruit on offer at the breaks. The sessions have been very good and there is a good 'feel' around the event.

A shame then that Leeds University Caterers have struck out with the veggie disaster.

There were two kinds of fish on offer, two kinds of meat and there should have been a Goats Cheese Tart for the veggies (if you're vegan, well who knows). However, due to an upturned food cart I had a 30 minute wait for lunch (and yes, the usual did happen whereby the carnivores fell upon the veggie option). However, my most memorable moment was when I looked at the meat options, looked up at the person serving and said:

"Is there a vegetarian option?"
"hmm, not at the moment, would you like a plate of cold slaw"

I was tempted to ask if there was any hot slaw, but...

Eventually, Leeds Uni did arrive with my Goats Cheese Tart, a little over done with the pesto dressing, but then I had to wolf it down in 5 minutes because I needed to be in session.

Hat's off to the conference organiser who immediately tried to sort things out though.

The plate of "Cold Slaw"

No comments:

Post a Comment